4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 c milk
1 1/4 c flour
1 tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
butter, for cooking
1. In a small saucepan, combine the butter and milk. Place over low heat just until warm and the butter is melted. Let cool slightly.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork. Whisk in the milk mixture. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until barely blended.
3. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
4. Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
5. Add about 1 teaspoon of butter and melt until bubbly. Ladle 3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake onto the hot surface and cook until bubbly on the top and golden brown on the bottom.
6. Turn and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 30 seconds more. Repeat until all the batter is used up. Serve hot.
I am looking for a great, simple, homemade syrup recipe. Any suggestions????