Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mock Sonic Limeades

First, I have to note.  Having a blender is not a necessary contraption.  I mean, there are all kinds of devices that can sort of do the same thing.  The food processor, for example, could surely blend a drink.  Right?  Or, considering we can get crushed ice out of our fridge, a close second could be obtained using that.  However, since our blender died a couple of days ago, nothing seems to make me feel like wanting to blend a drink more!  Especially since I found this recipe and fell in love with it, right before the stupid thing decided to die.  So, I suppose I will be getting online today, in search of replacing my blender.  Joy of joys.  We've only had that thing a year or so!  Of course, Chief Zoo Keeper does use it almost literally every day....  Still....

Now, past my venting and on to the good stuff!  BTW, tastes just like sonic except as a slushy since the ice is blended in.  You could quite easily leave it out and use regular ice.  :D


Mock Sonic Limeades!
2 c water
1 c lime juice
1/4 c sugar
5-6 Strawberries (could use more or less)
(also could use cherries if you prefer)
ice.  didn't measure...

Fill blender with ice.  Add other ingredients.  Blend.

I know, it's rocket science but you can do it!

What's your favorite cool down drink on a hot summer day???

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Get Free Stuff

Get free stuff, including gift cards by using Swagbucks. I've redeemed $25.00 worth of Amazon gift cards, but they have other gift cards and prizes! Go and check 'em out, or if your already a member, you can use this engine to search or find out what's going on around Swagbucks!