Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Five Birthday Stuff!!!

Hey People!!!  Today is my birthday!!!  Woo-hoo!!!  So, to celebrate my birthday (along with my beautiful niece who shares this day as well) I am posting birthday things.  Hope you enjoy!

1.  My favorite birthday rule! 
This is a rule in our house, can't break it!  *Except in the case of children, theirs is a little more limited*
Ready for it?
WHATEVER you say on your birthday is true!  No matter what!  For example, last year I declared the sky was purple and Chief Zoo Keeper couldn't argue because it was my birthday!  :D  LOVE THAT RULE!!!  I like to be silly and Chief likes to be serious, this rule makes him be silly with me!  He loves it, he just pretends not to.  LOL.  This is our little birthday tradition. 

2.  What's a birthday without a cake, right?  So, I thought I'd look up the World's largest cake!  :D  This one happens to be an ice cream cake, which is even better than a regular cake in my book!  Here is a pic:

This one was made by DQ in Canada.  Lucky Canadian people!!!  It would melt so fast here!  LOL  Plus, just LOOK at it!  It looks delicious! 
3.  What's a cake without candles????  I thought the same thing!  I set out to find the world's largest candle but failed miserably, so instead I found the one I thought was coolest.  LOL.  It's my birthday, no complaints!
You can get this dazzling beauty at ShinDigz here.  The base is 5 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches.  Super cute!  :D
4.  Ever wonder how birthday parties came about???  My theory was evil toy companies, but I was wrong!  LOL.  Here is the story, according to kidsparties.com:
The tradition of birthday parties started in Europe a long time ago. It was feared that evil spirits were particularly attracted to people on their birthdays. To protect them from harm, friends and family would to come be with the birthday person and bring good thoughts and wishes. Giving gifts brought even more good cheer to ward off the evil spirits. This is how birthday parties began. At first it was only kings who were recognized as important enough to have a birthday celebration (maybe this is how the tradition of birthday crowns began?). A formal ball was planned and announcements were sent through the land. As time went by, children became included in birthday celebrations. The first children's birthday parties occurred in Germany and were called Kinderfeste. Kinderfeste was a celebration with a decorated cake, fun decorations and fun games to play.
5.  I think that I've given a pretty decent list of birthday stuff.  I hope you've enjoyed it!  This year has been a crazy year and I've really grown a lot as a person but most importantly as a child of God.  My last thing is a request of prayer as we continue through the year.  Not just for me, but for all of us.  I pray blessings upon my family, friends, my blogger friends and my readers.  Understanding, happiness, joy and peace as we are covered in His never ending love.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

Is there anything you'd like me to do for a Friday Five???
                                                                                                        
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Get Free Stuff

Get free stuff, including gift cards by using Swagbucks. I've redeemed $25.00 worth of Amazon gift cards, but they have other gift cards and prizes! Go and check 'em out, or if your already a member, you can use this engine to search or find out what's going on around Swagbucks!